- Assignment 2: Assessment Project – Part 2
Due Week 6 and worth 340 points
Now that your superintendent reviewed your first submission and provided feedback, you will make the suggested revisions. You will also complete this section of the white paper. You will justify your topic selection and its relevance to the school district’s goal of improving its assessment results.
Note: Refer to the Overall Scenario of Assignments 1-3.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Revise Assignment 1 using the feedback that the superintendent provided. (The revision of the previous assignment is not included in the page count for this assignment).
- Evaluate your district’s assessment strategy for the area(s) that are relevant to your research and make any recommendations. Consider the following points:
- Does your district’s current assessment strategy meet the needs of certain populations of students?
- What can be done to improve assessment results, especially within specific populations?
- Are there any concerns about your district’s assessment strategy that you have based on your research?
- How does your research and recommendations fit into the boarder picture of improvement?
- Ascertain three (3) new advances in computer and web technologies that would benefit K-12 assessment that are related to your topic. Highlight one (1) of these new innovations that might be practical for the district to implement in the near future. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Propose the strategic manner in which you would conduct a training needs analysis for teachers related to your topic.
- Provide at least three (3) additional reliable, relevant, peer-reviewed references published within the last 2 years.
- Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze traditional theories of assessment.
- Apply new advances and current thought in the field of educational assessment.
- Evaluate alternate forms of assessment for special populations.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in educational assessment.
- Write clearly and concisely about educational assessment using proper grammar and mechanics.