BUS 241 UTD Whistleblower of Law Violations in a Company DiscussionCourse
University of Texas at DallasDepartment
I’m studying and need help with a Business Law question to help me learn.
Directions: Address the issue of being a “whistleblower” as presented below. “The Whistleblower”- An ethical dilemma addresses the ongoing and well-known Toyota product recall situation. The focus is on a former Toyota corporate attorney, Dimitrios Biller.
1. View the following articles and videos:
2. Summarize the facts and ethical dilemma. Answer the following:
- If you were in a situation similar to Dimitrios Biller, would you be willing to “blow the whistle” on your corporate employer? Why or Why not?
- There are numerous state and federal laws designed to protect whistleblowers from corporate/employer retaliation. In your reasoned opinion, are such safeguards adequate to protect whistleblowers? Why or why not? do some quick research and identify some of these federal laws.
- Make sure to: Include some reference(s) to the legal protections (either through citing to court decisions or statutes that provide protection for whistle blowers. Is this protection adequate? Is it changing? you might have to do a brief internet search for this part of the assignment.
3. Submit your answer using the link below.
This assignment is worth up to 50 points towards your final grade.