Capella University Social Psychological Theory Power Point PresentationSchool
This week, you will be creating a PowerPoint presentation in which you apply theories and concepts from social psychology related to prosocial behavior, rejection, and close relationships. You will also be required to apply behavioral ethics and critical thinking concepts.
Note: If you need help with creating a PowerPoint in either Windows or Mac, visit Tools and Resources.
- Complete the Good, Bad, and Loving Case Studies media piece if you haven’t already or if you would like to make changes to the choices you made. Review the case study you want to focus on and the social psychology theory, behavioral ethics concept, and critical thinking concept you want to use in your presentation.
- If you didn’t finish your research last week, use the Capella library to find a scholarly journal article related to the social psychology theory you chose. You are required to use two articles in your slideshow. The second article should be one of the following:
- Reciprocity: Mahmoodi, A., Bahrami, B., & Mehring, C. (2018). Reciprocity of social influence. Nature Communications, 9(1), 1–9.
- Unrequited Love: Bamford, R. (2015). Unrequited: Neurochemical enhancement of love.Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics, 24(3), 355–360.
- Social Exchange Theory: Fallis, E. E., Rehman, U. S., Woody, E. Z., & Purdon, C. (2016). The longitudinal association of relationship satisfaction and sexual satisfaction in long-term relationships. Journal of Family Psychology, 30(7), 822–831.
Create a PowerPoint. Be sure to use the Notes area to provide further explanation of each of your slides. In your presentation, include the following:
- Summarize the case study (1 slide).
- Describe credible and scholarly sources, relevant to a particular theory (1–2 slides).
- Apply a social psychological theory to a chosen case study (2–3 slides).
- Explain how social psychological research studies relate to a particular social psychological theory (2–3 slides).
- Apply an ethical reasoning concept to a chosen case study (2–3 slides).
- Apply a critical thinking concept to a chosen case study (2–3 slides).
- Conclusion (1 slide).
- Demonstrate an academic writing style through well-organized prose that follows assignment guidelines.
- Demonstrate compliance with APA style, citation, and referencing guidelines.
- Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: References and citations are formatted according to current APA style guidelines.
- Resources: Minimum of 2 scholarly or professional resources.
- Length: Minimum of 11 slides plus a title slide and a reference slide.