Instructions: In 200-300 words, respond to the following prompts. Each prompt should be supported with research. Each response is worth 7 points.
- Describe and analyze the impact of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference on U.S. society in the early 1960s.
- What was the Bay of Pigs incident? What was its impact on President Kennedy and his engagement in the Cold War? Explain.
- What was the Cuban Missile Crisis? What effect did it have on U.S. society? How did it impact the Cold War? Do you think that JFK did the right thing? Explain.
- Describe the circumstances surrounding the construction of the Berlin Wall. How did this impact the Cold War? Does it seem strange that a socialist country would need to build a wall to keep its citizens from leaving? Explain.
- Who were the Freedom Riders? What was their impact on U.S. society? Explain.