ENC 1101: English Composition I Assignment 2.3: Using End Punctuation Correctly
Using End Punctuation Correctly
State the rules of end mark use in the English language
In this practice exercise, you explore examples of end marks.
Step 1 Correct the sentences.Insert or delete periods, question marks and exclamation points as needed to correct the following sentences:
- I tried to send John a postcard, but it was sent back to me I wrote that he lived on Muncaster Ave, but he lives on Muncaster Rd
- Look out there is a car coming.
- When did you get a dog.
- Please bring the dishes to the sink when you’re finished eating!
- Did you see the U.P.S truck they were supposed to come at ten a.m yesterday, but my package never arrived. A good friend of mine just moved to M.D. and is sending me souvenirs from Washington d.c.
- George Washington was born (?) in 1730 and died in 1799 He actually lived a long time consider the average age expectancy was only 37 years old!
- “I don’t want soup for dinner” she screamed as she swatted the bowl of steaming soup onto the floor.
- Did you see Mr Martin leave. He was sitting at that table over there and now he’s gone!
- Apr is the correct abbreviation for the month April. May however doesn’t have an abbreviation because it is so short.
- You’re birthday is April 30, 1980?
- When ordering fabric, is it best to ask for amounts by the ft or by the yd?
- Did you call Dr Davidson, there was a message on the machine that said you’re appointment for Feb 1 had to be rescheduled.
- Is your degree a BA or a BFA.
- Why didn’t you call me! I thought the movie was at 8:00 pm. not 7:30.
- My favorite pie is pumpkin!
Step 2 Save and submit your assignment.When you have completed the assignment, save a copy for yourself in an easily accessible place and submit a copy to your instructor using the dropbox.
Do you need high quality Custom Essay Writing Services?