Inver Hills College Parent Training & Education Questions & DiscussionSchool
Inver Hills Community College
- Word count should be more than 150 words and summarize in ideas and examples
- Alfred Adler parent-training programs have led to some suggestions that parent training should be a prerequisite for parenthood. Reflect on the following questions:
After considering the above questions, do you think our society should require parent training or a license for parenting? Why or why not?Next, provide a link to a recent current event in the media that speaks to the topic of parent training. Then, reflect on the following questions:
- If parent training or licensure were required, what should the prerequisites be (education, training, financial resources, others)?
- Who should have the power to set the criteria for parenting licensure?
- To what extent should criteria for parenting licensure be sensitive to cultural diversity?
- What types of punitive or corrective actions should be available to authorities regarding parent licenses (suspend, revoke, etc.)?
- What is the article about?
- How is your opinion about parent training either reflected or challenged in the article you selected?