please answer below questions in one line each. No copying from internet
1. List and briefly define three classes of intruders.
2. What are two common techniques used to protect a password file?
3. What are three benefits that can be provided by an intrusion detection system?
4. What is the difference between statistical anomaly detection and rule-based intrusion detection?
5. What metrics are useful for profile-based intrusion detection?
6. What is the difference between rule-based anomaly detection and rule-based penetration identification?
7. What is a honeypot?
8. What is a salt in the context of UNIX password management?
9. List and briefly define four techniques used to avoid guessable passwords.
10. List three design goals for a firewall.
11. List four techniques used by firewalls to control access and enforce a security policy.
12. What information is used by a typical packet filtering firewall?
13. What are some weaknesses of a packet filtering firewall?
14. What is the difference between a packet filtering firewall and a stateful inspection firewall?
15. What is an application-level gateway?
16. What is a circuit-level gateway?
17. What are the common characteristics of a bastion host?
18. Why is it useful to have host-based firewalls?
19. What is a DMZ network and what types of systems would you expect to find on such networks?
20. What is the difference between an internal and an external firewall?