Nr439 Week 4: Ethical and Legal Issues
This week’s graded discussion topic relates to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO1 Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO 7)
- CO2 Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs 4 and 8)
- CO3 Identify ethical issues common to research involving human subjects. (PO 6)
- CO4 Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and lab significance related to evidence-based practice. (POs 4 and 8)
- CO5 Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (POs 7 and 8)
Read one of the following.
Stefaniak, M., & Mazurkiewicz, B. (2017). The importance of adhering to high standards of research ethics. British Journal of Nursing, 26(1), 62.
Feeney, S., & Freeman, N. K. (2016). Ethical issues: Responsibilities and dilemmas. YC: Young Children, 71(1), 86. A
Questions for first article:
- Describe one reason for adhering to high standards in ethics.
- What are the dangers of conflict of interest?
Questions for second article:
- Discuss the difference between ethical responsibility and ethical dilemma.
- Share an experience of ethical dilemma or moral distress in nursing today.
Do you need high quality Custom Essay Writing Services?