The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to explore the role of the advanced
practice nurse (APN) and develop an APN professional development plan.
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
CO1: Analyze the historic development of advanced practice roles including the impact of advanced practice
nursing on healthcare delivery from the perspective of selected current reports (i.e., LACE, IOM, etc.) (PO
CO3: Explore how leadership styles influence healthcare delivery and organizations. (PO 4)
CO5: Reflect on personal and professional growth toward achieving competence as a family nurse
practitioner. (PO 3)
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 p.m. MST at the end of Week 6
Total Points Possible: 225
1. To complete this application, you will need to access to the following databases: CINAHL, MEDLINE,
Cochrane Library, and the Joanna Briggs Institute. You may access these databases through the
Chamberlain College of Nursing Online Library.
2. The APN Professional Development Plan paper is worth 225 points and will be graded on quality
of information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall
organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading
3. Create your manuscript using Microsoft Word, which is the required format for all Chamberlain
College of Nursing documents.
4. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about this paper may be posted
under the Q & A Forum or emailed to your faculty.
7/29/2019 Week 6: APN Professional Development Plan Paper
5. The length of the paper is to be no less than 6 and no greater than 8 pages excluding title page and
reference pages. In some cases, students may need to exceed this page number.
6. APA (2010) format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required
components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
1. Introduction to the APN professional development plan- Discuss the goals and purpose of an
APN professional development plan
2. APN Scope of Practice – This pertains to NP practice in your state.
3. Personal Assessment using Benner’s Self-Assessment Tool
4. Networking and Marketing Strategies
6. CV / resume
Do you need high quality Custom Essay Writing Services?