ADHD Intervention Paper
ADHD Intervention Paper:Question Description
2. Then read the following case example:
Alissa is an 11 year old diagnosed with ADHD often has difficulty focusing on tasks lasting more than 5 minutes. She does not read the instructions, and gets out of the chair to do other activities rather than the assigned group activity. When the teacher asks her to go back to her chair, Alissa does not maintain eye contact, then becomes very talkative and starts speaking about what she is going to do next. While she is talking, she often ignores any directions the teacher is trying to communicate to her. If she does get back to her desk after directions from the teacher, which is about 1 out of 5 times, she might have lost her pen or writing instrument, and gets up again to retrace her steps to find it. She often does not get more than 10 minutes work accomplished in a 60 minute period. The teacher often has to “chase” her around the room, which interferes with the group’s learning activities because of the additional direction Alissa needs. The teacher has noticed that she is more likely to get up when the activity is tougher, like a math problem, rather than coloring or reading.
3. Based on the above case example, suggest two target variables (there are more than two that could be targeted, but select what you view as the most important) for intervention that are observable, can be operationally defined, and can be measured repeatedly over time. For each target variable, include an example operational definition and suggest how it might be measured. Type your answers in the box below.
|Target Variable 1|
|Target Variable 2|
4. Review the list below from Effective Child Therapy website identifying evidence-based treatments for ADHD that: Works Well or Works. This is the only thing you need to do for this step.
1) Behavioral Classroom Management (BCM)
2) Behavioral Peer Interventions (BPI)
-Peer modeling-Peer initiation training-Classroom-wide tutoring
3) Behavioral Parent Training (BPT)
4) Combined Behavioral Management Interventions
Lastly, read and open : DuPaul, G., Ervin, R., Hook, C., & McGoey, K. (1998). Peer tutoring for children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: Effects on classroom behavior and academic performance. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 31, 579-592.
open the article https://inst-fs-iad-prod.inscloudgate.net/files/60bf871a-cdf8-443b-b763-a9b990d193b0/DuPaul%2C%20Ervin%20et%20al.%201998%281%29.pdf?download=1&token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzUxMiJ9.eyJpYXQiOjE1OTAzMzQwNjYsInVzZXJfaWQiOiIxMTA5MDAwMDAwMzcyMTgyMiIsInJlc291cmNlIjoiL2ZpbGVzLzYwYmY4NzFhLWNkZjgtNDQzYi1iNzYzLWE5Yjk5MGQxOTNiMC9EdVBhdWwlMkMlMjBFcnZpbiUyMGV0JTIwYWwuJTIwMTk5OCUyODElMjkucGRmIiwiaG9zdCI6InVjLmluc3RydWN0dXJlLmNvbSIsImV4cCI6MTU5MDQyMDQ2Nn0.zIpzjbuOovnLbotH6Kg5p3Fi2mmQamikAIn90CLxAmVx-1uvpocvqYduAclkcyNGF5nzSo-AFOsJ1kSgLfVVaA&session_jwt=eyJhbGciOiJIUzUxMiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCIsImtpZCI6ImRlZmF1bHQifQ.eyJpZGVudGl0aWVzIjp7ImNhbnZhcyI6eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjoiMTEwOTAwMDAwMDM3MjE4MjIiLCJjcmVhdGVkIjoiMjAyMC0wNS0yNVQwMTowNzo1OS4zMTFaIn19LCJleHAiOjE1OTAzNjg5OTksImlhdCI6MTU5MDM2ODg3OX0.8GL_5gMfdxLbcXTp9LC-boW95or_W-1gjLYorppY2ZI-lXLiNpzDPEQvOS-07SKJssqhMeLthNTZbwkPT459Rg
Answer the following