Essay Topic:MacroEconomic problems in Spain
1. Economic events occur around us every day. This assignment aims to provide association between what you learn from economic models and concepts in class with real-life events happening around you.
2. An Article will be presented to you. Analyse the article, to identify linkage between the economic concepts you have learnt in class with the discussion of the macroeconomic event in the article. Apply the economic concepts and models learned to discuss the economic challenges faced by the economy concerned and to explain the rationale for the economic policy (ies) chosen by the government to overcome the challenges. You should use other related news articles, reports and academic journals to support your discussion as well.
3. Where applicable, illustrate your discussion with diagrams and economic models to enhance your discussion.
4. More marks will be awarded for reports, which provide more comprehensive, balanced and in-depth analysis with adequate referencing to the economic concepts and models.
5. The newspaper article will serve as the focus of your discussion. However, your discussion is not restricted to just the content of the article chosen. You are free to discuss on other relevant information (from other sources) which relate to the main macroeconomic event you have chosen. Do not rely on one source and do compare and contrast perspectives. For use of internet sources, you should note that there is no quality control over the information in the web. As far as possible, you should choose website established by authoritative institutions such as the World Bank or the respective countries’ government official websites. And avoid Wikipedia definitions!
6. This assignment is aimed at a number of competency elements, specifically: Researching in terms of searching for and evaluating newspaper, magazine articles, reports and academic journals that are suitable for this assignment. Analysis of the information presented in the article and how the macroeconomic event could be explained using economic models. Assessing the suitability of the economic models to analyse the macroeconomic event and what are the limitations of the models. Presentation in putting forward the information and analysis you have in a form, which is clear, accurate and easy to understand.
ASSIGNMENT GUIDELINES: The report should be between 2,400 and 2,600 words. Assignment should be type-written using Times New Roman 12-font size and 1.5 line spacing. Justify the whole report and include page number on bottom-right of the page. References are a key aspect of an essay. Any idea, theme, or argument that you found in the literature and used in your essay must be cited within the essay. Minimum 10 References.