Identify the challenges teachers face when creating homework, and the importance of engaging family and community in students’ education.
Part 1: Family and/or Community Assignment
Research and develop a homework assignment/learning activity for the content area that will engage the family and/or community.
Your homework assignment/learning activity should include:
- A learning objective describing the desired learning outcome of the activity. (For example, “Students will design and implement a composting program in their community that aligns to the United States Environmental Protection Agency composting guidelines.”)
- In 100-250 words, describe the homework assignment/learning activity, and how the assignment/learning activity engages the family and community.
- Detail how family and/or community can be involved in establishing a positive learning environment, describing collaborative strategies.
Part 2: Reflection
In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect on the homework assignment/learning activity that engages family and/or community.
Address the following:
- Methods to communicate with families and other stakeholders about the needs of students.
- Challenges teachers face when creating homework, and activities that engage family and/or community.
- The importance of engaging family and community in students’ education.
- How you will deal with concerns or issues with parents and the possible solutions to support positive collaboration.
Support your findings with a minimum of three scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide