Psychotherapy With Individuals And Groups.
· Compare legal and ethical considerations for group and family therapy to legal and ethical considerations for individual therapy
· Analyze the impact of legal and ethical considerations on therapeutic approaches for clients in group and family therapy
· Recommend strategies to address legal and ethical considerations for group and family therapy
· Review this week’s Learning Resources and consider the insights they provide on group and family therapy.
· View the media, Legal and Ethical Issues for Mental Health Professions, Volume I, and reflect on legal and ethical considerations for group and family therapy and individual therapy.
Post an explanation of how legal and ethical considerations for group and family therapy differ from those for individual therapy. Then, explain how these differences might impact your therapeutic approaches for clients in group and family therapy. Support your rationale with evidence-based literature.
Resources for reference( Need 3 references)
Breeskin, J. (2011). Procedures and guidelines for group therapy. The Group Psychologist, 21(1). Retrieved from http://www.apadivisions.org/division-49/publications/newsletter/group-psychologist/2011/04/group-procedures.aspx
Khawaja, I. S., Pollock, K., & Westermeyer, J. J. (2011). The diminishing role of psychiatry in group psychotherapy: A commentary and recommendations for change. Innovations in Clinical Neuroscience, 8(11), 20-23.
Nichols, M., & Davis, S. D. (2020). The essentials of family therapy (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Chapter 1, “Introduction Becoming a Family Therapist” (pp. 1–5)
- Chapter 1, “The Evolution of Family Therapy” (pp. 6-22)
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. (2014). HIPAA privacy rule and sharing information related to mental health. Retrieved from http://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/special/mhguidancepdf.pdf
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice. New York, NY: Springer.
- Chapter 11, “Group Therapy” (pp. 407–428)
Do you need high quality Custom Essay Writing Services?