science and health
The unit plan will be aligned to state content standards, in the areas of science and health (fitness, body, physical activity, emotional, and/or motor skills), along with a minimum of two of the following content disciplines:
- Scientific Method
- Physical Science
- Life Science
- Earth and Space
- Engineering, Technology, and Applications of Science
Part 1: Title, Rationale, Standards, Learning Objectives, Vocabulary
The planning process, which includes defining the structure and selecting a theme that encompasses multiple areas of science in one unit, is the first step in preparing a unit plan.
When planning your unit plan, identify which concepts in science can overlap from one lesson to another. You could have more than one standard from different areas of science in each lesson.
Select a K-8 grade level and use the “Science Unit Plan” template to guide you through the necessary steps and components.
For this assignment, complete the following components in the “Science Unit Plan” template:
- Lesson Title, Brief Summary, and Rationale: Summarize and provide a rationale as to how each lesson can overlap multiple areas of science in one lesson and the scope/intent of the lesson.
- State-Specific Standards: List the specific grade-level standards that teach and assess science content areas.
- Learning Objectives: Write learning objectives specific to your state standards and the lesson.
- Vocabulary: Include the appropriate academic language and vocabulary that is appropriate to each lesson.
The details of the “Science Unit Plan” will continue to be fully developed and revised throughout the duration of the course, culminating in a complete unit plan due in Topic 5.
Part 2: Reflection
In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect on the process of beginning your unit plan and including multiple content areas of science in one lesson.
*What do you consider the most important key components of your unit plan so far?
*How can this process be used in your future professional practice?
Submit the “Science Unit Plan” and reflection as one deliverable.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Do you need high quality Custom Essay Writing Services?