Written assignments are expected to be formatted in MLA format (minimum 6 pages each. TYPED, double
spaced, Times New Roman, 12-point font, black font, and title page . Must be received by the
BEGINNING OF CLASS, uploaded to CANVAS and Turnitin.com. Any paper missing either copy will be
considered late until both copies are provided to the instructor.
Diana is a teenager. She has recently been through a series of changes (e.g., moving from a different
state, changing schools, and living with her grandmother instead of her parents). Diana is acting out in
school by not listening to the teachers and falling asleep in class. Diana explains that she is having vivid
dreams at night; she is unable to explain them clearly to anyone. Her grades are slowly slipping as time
goes on. Additionally, she has recently noticed her eyesight is not the best and is afraid to get her vision
examined. Due to her fear she lashes out at her grandmother with anger.
1. Please describe the possibilities of how the changes in Diana’s life could be impacting her (e.g.,
learning, memory, development, biology).
2. Please describe the possible sources of her sleeping problems, how are her sleeping issues
impacting her (e.g., development, biology, mood, dietary habits)?
3. Describe how you would explain her behaviors through one of the following approaches:
humanistic psychology, cognitive psychology, behavioral psychology, developmental psychology,
biological psychology, multicultural psychology.
4. Explain why you chose this theory (explaining specific aspects of the approach) and describe the
5. Do you think this theory will be the most effective in explaining her behaviors? Explain by
comparing and contrasting between the approach you chose and 1 additional theory.
6. If the approach you have chosen does not “fully” explain Diana’s behavior, please describe how
another theory/approach/concept may explain it. Do your research!
https://openstax.org/details/books/psychology – Website for Psychology book