SOC 2306 Midland College Social Problems WorksheetCourse
I’m studying for my Sociology class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
SOCIOLOGY 2306 – SOCIAL PROBLEMS
PART II: Understand the Problems answer both question.
Instructions: Describe and explain the following social problems
- 1 . Describe the factors leading to inequality in a marriage (Conflict theory) and give the logical alternative necessary to alleviate those inequalities.
- 2. Differentiate between Capitalism, Socialism and the Mixed Economy in terms of where work originates, what is the purpose of work, and who controls the nature of work.
PART III: Face the Issues Answer 1 question from 1 to 2 , then answer 1 question from 3 to 6
Instructions: Answer these thought questions with the intent of defending your answer .
- 1. What are the advantages and disadvantages of cohabitation? How do these compare to marriage?If marriage and family life is so bad, as the book contends, why should anyone ever get married?
- 2. Is divorce a social problem? If so, why?If you were seeking a solution to the problem of divorce, what possibilities are available?
- 3. What is the purpose of “work?” For whose benefit is it?Discuss from the perspective of yourself, your employer and society as a whole.
- 4. How much is “work” worth? How do you determine how much you should be paid to do a job?When an item is sold, how do you determine how much of the profit the worker should get?Management?CEO?Corporate?Stock Holders?
- 5. If you were managing entry-level workers in a fast food restaurant, how would you go about ensuring high job satisfaction in order to decrease turnover?
- 6. Assuming the wage gap exists because of discrimination and devaluating the work of women, how would you go about making work equable?