Please read the following article and then answer the three questions:
Krackhardt, D. and Hanson, J.R. (1993) Informal Networks: The Company Behind the Chart, Harvard Business Review, 71 (4), pp.104-111.
- Using your own words, describe the main points which K & H make in the article.
- Are the research methods that K & H describe likely to produce valid data?
- Do you think that K & H’s idea – of using maps of informal networks to improve management – is a good one? Explain and justify your view.
The word limit for this assignment is 2000 words (including references). You should divide your words evenly between the three questions.
You will be assessed against threeequally weighted criteria:
- Your ability to accurately but succinctly summarise the K & H article;
- Your ability to critically evaluate K & H’s research methods;
- Your ability to critically evaluate K & H’s theoretical argument.